The sign of German Cockroach Infestation – Most of the German cockroaches are found inside the house. This type of cockroach has characteristic such as a light brown or darker brown cockroach with two black horizontal lines on the back of its head. You have to remember that, although these roaches have wings, they will fly rarely. So, you can decrease your worry because they will not fly around your house like crazy. Instead, they prefer to crawling under the kitchen table and the warm and humid places in your home.
And you should pay attention to the effect that they bring. These pests can trigger some respiration illness like asthma symptoms and bring harmful bacteria to your body. So, you should take the German cockroach infestation seriously because this is dangerous enough to human’s health. If you do not want to get rid of it by yourself, you have to try to consider choosing a professional pest control service to keep your household healthy and pest free. Read: Do Cockroaches Bite?
The sign of German Cockroach Infestation
Have you seen this cockroach in your home? If you have seen one, you may be dealing with a cockroach infestation from now on. Here are some other signs you should pay attention:
- The cockroach is a nocturnal bug. Therefore, if you see them running across your floor during the day, it looks that you have a big problem dealing with this cockroach infestation in your home.
- German cockroaches secrete various foul-smelling chemicals. Therefore, if you smell an oily and musty smell, there is a possibility you are dealing with this type of cockroach infestation.
- Cockroach dropping is the absolute sign that you are dealing with the cockroach infestation.You can identify these droppings quite easily because the shape looks like a pepper powder and is usually found on a table. Their droppings can even cause dark stains in the corner of the room in your home.
- If you find a dead body of them, most likely its friends are nearby, alive and building their habitat in your house. In fact, the dead cockroaches are not the only obvious sign – even the shed skin of life this cockroach can show an infestation
- Another sign is some small brown cockroaches. This roach like to spend their life in kitchens and bathrooms because these places usually provide them water and food which they need to survive. Besides, their foods are also in the bathroom as well because they like to take a bite of soap and toothpaste.
How to Kill German Cockroach by Yourself
These tips are used to kill them directly. If you are sick of dealing with them, these tips are for you.
- The first one is using homemade pests with baking soda
To make this mixture, you have to take one part of sugar and mix it with one part of baking soda. After that, let the mixture come out from a plastic plate that is easy to reach the cockroaches. They love sugar. Therefore, they are immediately attracted to the plate full of sugar. However, when German cockroaches eat the mixture which is already combined with water too, their stomach will explode because of the reaction caused by baking soda.
- Make homemade trap by using petroleum jelly.
To create this roach trap, you just need petroleum jelly, several bowls, and food. Add a thick layer of petroleum jelly to the inside of the bowl, the upper one, and fill some food on the bottom of the bowl to attract cockroaches. When this cockroach is attracted to be closer to the bowl, it will stick in a petroleum jelly before it can get what it wants.
- The last but not least is by using chemical things
To get the satisfaction, you can kill the German cockroach on contact by yourself by using a chemical spray. If you successfully kill your enemy, do not forget to throw it away immediately.